Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sin No. 1 Lust

I stare down at my watch for the twelfth time in five minutes. The minute-hand on my Rolex seemed to be crawling, not ticking. Oh god, why was it that men just cannot stick with any form of a schedule? Okay, that's it! I give up! If he can't take the effort to be ON TIME, then its over, done, period, end-of-story! Anyway, my best friends current boyfriend is kinda cute, and I caught him eye-ing me...shouldn't be too hard...

I suppose you're wondering who I am, well my name Elizabeth, but my friends call me Liz, so yea, everyone calls me Liz. I'm your average girl, tall, drop-dead gorgeous, blond, big eyes, i do okay in school, I'm the head cheerleader...you know, basically everything that you ever wanted to be, but couldn't!

So, thirty minutes later finds me outside my best friends boyfriends front door. I fix my face into a look of pure pain and sadness, complete with fake tears. I ring the doorbell and stand on the porch getting the water works ready. Not two seconds later, he opens the door, looking deliciously disheveled! He looks down at me, eyes full of concern. Aww, that's cute, he's way too nice. He asks me if I'm okay, and i say that I'm not, i say that i need a shoulder to cry on. SO, being the naive boy he is, he lets me in, we sit in the hall, and i put on the performance of my life.

So i really don't know why, but i don't seem to have many girlfriends. For some reason, all the friendship with my fellow school mates don't seem to last. I mean, so what if i tend to 'borrow' their boyfriends. Isn't sharing supposed to be caring? So why not share? Hmm...maybe they are right when they say girls are complicated...

It's five am, and I'm sneaking out of his house as quietly as possible. As i sneak out, i realized that i had left my car keys on his bedroom table! Darn! I climb up the stairs again, grab my keys, make sure i look presentable, then go down the steps once again, and walk head first into my best friend! oh crap!

So it looked like some fast talking was needed. Thankfully for me, everybody said i had a bright future in politics! So anyway, i make up a story on how i was actually looking for her, and got very offended that she would even suggest that i would 'borrow' her boyfriend. Anyway, one thing leads to another, and the next thing i know all the unpleasantness i knew she was capable of came out. We stand in the hallway screaming at each other, and she goes so low as to actually say that i was cheap! HAH! as if! then whats the weirdest thing of all? she gets all creepy and says in this solemn voice 'Do you know that the seven deadly sins really are deadly? And you my 'friend' portray the sin of lust perfectly'. Like a threat like that would scare me...

Anyway, i think Ive covered all the basics about me. Hmmm...what else is there to tell? Oh right, have you heard the folk tale about the seven deadly sins? Apparently my best friend wasn't kidding. In the little town i lived in, there was some crazy fanatic who went around 'bringing justice' to those he thought possessed any of the deadly sins. And everything had gone quite for a long while, so this tale had become a myth, something your mummy would tell you, so that you would listen to her. I didn't listen to her. So here i am, dead...great, right? Oh right, i forgot to mention that part didn't i? Oh well, life's fair, my best friend possessed one of the seven deadly sins as well...

END
pseudonym

2 comments:

M said...

how crappy...=.='

McWiggle J. J. S. S. Mc.B. said...

Wow. A novelist in the making?

Post a Comment

Followers