Thursday, August 27, 2009

One more time (1)

THURSDAY, AUGUST 27: Yups, so I'm back in this god forsaken town after three blissful years. In this backwater town, where everyone knows your full name, your parents names and probably even your grandparents name. This little town where everything you do will become the stuff of gossip the next morning.This little town is actually an island, so even though its picturesque, the only life-line to PROPER civilization is about a two and a half hour plane ride away. So the moment I hit 18, I ran for the hills...

THIS is the town I was born in exactly 21 years ago. And being forced to come back, on the day I finally turn into a legal adult, absolutely and completely stinks.

So you might ask, what in the wide world convinced me to come back,since I despise this place so much? Simple, my sick and dying father. But, don't feel sorry for me. I don't really care. There is no love lost between the two of us, I'm only here because it's an obligation, and the moment he goes six-feet under, I'll be out of here so fast...

I suppose you think I'm a horrible and ungrateful daughter, and how could I be so cold-blooded? Simple, the bastard killed my mother. He probably would have done away with me too, only he didn't know that I BITE. Confused yet? Well, you should be.

You see, when I turned 16, I had a fascination for the dark and morbid. I mixed with the wrong crowd, this was all during my summer break where I flew to civilization. Long story short, you know how your parents always told you that vampires don't exist? Yea well...they lied.

And here's the 411 for you, we don't have a problem with garlic,we love the sun, we can go to church, the cross doesn't affect us. So yea, we're just like you, only we don't drop dead quite as easily.

So that's my tear-wrenching story. I'm now in the god-forsaken airport, about to look for a god-forsaken cab to get to the god-forsaken mansion my father lives in. Ha! On the bright side, the moment the old toad croaks, I suppose the mansion is mine.

As I walk over to the cab, I notice all eyes on me. Go figure. When you come back to such a back-water place after living in glitzy Paris and Melbourne, you're bound to attract attention. You see, I used to fit into the cookie-cut perfect lil girl mould, since everyone on this god-forsaken island looks the same. Not anymore though. Perhaps it's because the colour of the blood in my veins have changed, but everyone seems to give me a wide berth, not that I'm complaining. Too bad, i suppose they don't realize that I can hear every insignificant thing they are whispering to each other. Oh well, I kinda like the attention...

And then I see the oh so delicious Ian staring right at me, trying to figure out whether he was seeing a ghost...ooo,but that's a story for another day ;)

TO BE CONTINUED
pseudonym

3 comments:

McWiggle J. J. S. S. Mc.B. said...

juicy. lol. Make sure the next one is guy meets girl vamp, me likey.

M said...

haha!! kk...Ian could make a v delicious human meal!! haha

almatari said...

nicee (:

Post a Comment

Followers