Sunday, August 23, 2009

NIGHT HUNTER(1)

Chapter 1

Thirst. Hunger. Violence. How nice it would be to slaughter these fat, juicy nobles. The sight of their blood spraying into my mouth would most certainly be satisfying. NOT NOW! If I reveal myself now, I would certainly be hunted by the DeathWatch. Those accursed vampire slayers are too powerful even for the likes of myself.

CURSE the countess for bringing me into the world of the undeath. The benefits of immortality, inhumane strength and agility may have seemed great at that moment but now it is only a mistake I have gravely made. The price of such power is too much. Now I am unable to take in the sensation of taste (except for blood of course) and the feel, the touch of flesh. The worst part of course is the never ending thirst for blood. The life fluids that flow in all breathing beings.

At first animals could satiate my hunger and it had not been a problem because no one would gravely miss a cow or two. But now, every time I give in to the thirst, someone ends up dying and with that the city guards will be on alert. If that was not bad enough, I had fed carelessly once, only ONCE, and the guards were able to determine that the killer was a bloodsucker. News in the city travels fast, especially when the undead are included in it. Now the DeathWatch are roaming the city, with the sole purpose of taking my head as a trophy for their god.

Before this, I was a noble my self. I had my life laid out for me and all I had to do was smile and wave. But that accursed countess had lured me with the promise of power. If only I can find her somehow, I would gladly tear out her throat and suck her dry. For now I would need to control the hunger and pretend to take interest in the babbling of fools. Once I gather the information about the location of the countess. I would hunt, yes I would be the true hunter of the night. What better game then to hunt those as augmented as yourself.

A few weeks has gone by. Frustration continues to tear into my mind. The location of the countess still unknown to me. A knock on the door awakes me from my nightmares. Rokem, my faithful servant enters with an urgent looks.

“Most powerful of lords.”
“Yes Rokem? My temper is short so I think it is best if you hurry to the point.”
“My lord, it seems a lady of your description has appeared in the town of Gravia. My source tells that she in accompanied by two hulking giants, one matching your description but the other still unknown.”

The countess!? Finally she has shown herself! But she should only have one of her giant servants. It looks like she has made a new servant in such a short time. I would have to be careful with this new one. The last one had so many secrets that manage to actually buy time for the countess to escape. Not this time.

“Have our guards ready the coach at once! I would like to reach Gravia in less than a weeks time.”
“Right away, mightiest of masters.”

Commisar

3 comments:

Nicholas-Salohcin said...

cool story dude . very nice

M said...

ooo! vampires...me likey! haha

Nijiru said...

Nice, keep it up.

Post a Comment

Followers