Friday, August 28, 2009

NIGHT HUNTER(2)

Chapter 2

Soon the city of Gravia will be in sight. I can almost taste her blood now, I will always remember that scent. The scent of death roots everywhere she walks. Now I would have to think of ways to take care of her servants. I certainly have my own but I am saving Rokem for a higher purpose. The older one I can handle, its secrets already revealed to me. However, the other one still worries me. The countess has taught me most of my knowledge and it would be best if this new servant does not function the same as my own. Spies would certainly put her on guard. I mean it is simply impossible for any human no matter how skillful in the arts of stalking can actually stay undetected by my kind.

“Most troubling news, supreme lord of lords.”
“Yes, Rokem?”
“The ruler of Gravia, King Axel is going to celebrate the birth of his newborn son”
“What does this newborn have to do with my mission? Be quick!”
“King Axel will be having a party for this celebration and…..”
“Rokem, it would not do to test my patience.”
“Dorian will be attending this celebration, my lord.”
“If you have nothing else to report, leave.”

It seems like the gods themselves are trying to oppose my plans. DORIAN! Most respected of the DeathWatch, slayer of the Dark Hunger clan, destroyer of the Eternal Thirst fortress. Even the most powerful vampires take caution when his name is spoken. Rumors have said that he could smell us like how we smell blood. Rumors are rumors but sometimes they hold a measure of truth. I doubt he can take our scent but I am very much sure that he is able to detect us one way or another. 

Should I leak information about the countess to him? If he finished her off for me then I would not have to go through the trouble and also the danger upon my self. However, if he tracts me from the letter, my head would also end up his medal. Also, I would certainly prefer to have the chance to tear the countess apart my self. It seems I would need to act with heighten precaution, the slightest news would certainly bring Dorian to my neck.

I have already prepared my surprise for the countess, but I would still require the plan for the new servant. Dorian’s case however, I would just have to hope that the celebration will take his eyes far away from my activities.

“We have arrived in the city of Gravia, most cunning of lords.”

“Rokem, prepare your self. The moment the moon fully shines on this city, I want to be well equipped for my NIGHT HUNT.”

Commisar

2 comments:

M said...

dude, you're seriously outdoing yourself, and making us mere mortals look bad!!

cheers!!

CamperWen said...

The Hell? I never knew your imagination is so good. Keep it up. I'll be visiting often.

Post a Comment

Followers