Wednesday, September 2, 2009

NIGHT HUNTER(3)

Chapter 3

Alas the city of Gravia, the sun is ready to set. Soon I will have to execute my plans with the utmost precision especially since Dorian the DeathWatch elite will be in this city as well. First of all I will have to get a room to unpack my weapons, also I will have to look like an ordinary merchant as well. People rarely travel the city at night, so I will use that as an advantage for my hunt. The countess will surely be cautious as well because just by entering the city I could feel the holy stench of vampire slayers. The aura is simply overwhelming. It reminds me of my old self where fear was still a factor. Now I simply feel uneasy. Enough with that, I will have to be ready, the faster I finish this hunt the faster I can get away from the vampire slayers.

“Rokem, prepare the other servants for battle and get me a room. Any tavern will do fine as long as no one disturbs my preparation for tonight.”
“Right away, my lord. Also, my source tells that the countess was last spotted in a tavern called Drunken Boar.”
“Before midnight strikes, send our fastest servants as bait to lure her into an open space. I would like to do this discretely but I would prefer to be able to see the horror on her face when I strike the final blow.”
“Very well, most vicious of lords.”

After renting the room, I made sure that no one would suspect that anything unholy was being done inside the room. Of course I had to pay the bar tender quite the amount for this silence but it would be most worth the price. I will have to start quickly now before the moon shines full. I draw a pentagram with my blood, invoke the incantations and recite the words that I have memorized just for today. This ritual must be done precisely or else everything will go wrong. Slowly the room darkens with shadows. With this ritual I will summon a denizen from the dark planes of the Shadow Realm. Shadows emerge from the pentagram and form into a single entity.

“WHO DARES TO SUMMON THE ALMIGHTY DRENON, MASTER OF SHADOWS AND DEATH! MORTAL, I WILL TEAR YOUR SOUL AND DEVOUR YOUR HEART BEFORE YOUR VERY EYES!”
“You need not bother yourself with the seals, I can assure you they will not break. You must also know that if you continue to threaten me, I will simply send you back with a thought and summon someone else that is more likely to cooperate.”

The fury on the demons eyes were baleful to look at, even painful at times. Clearly the demon does not like being treated like a slave by a mortal but I am no mortal. I would have to be careful with this one, the moment I let my guard down I believe full well that it will commit to its words. But of course every demon would not let go at a chance to be released into this realm.

“Very well mortal, state your business….”
“I AM NOT A MORTAL, I AM THE MASTER OF THE NIGHT! HUNTER OF ALL! IMMORTAL BEING OF THE UNDEATH! YOU WILL RESPECT ME DEMON BEFORE I BANISH YOU BACK INTO YOUR GOD FORSAKEN REALM!”

Looks like now I got its attention. That ruse of an outburst has taken most of my courage to act out. Hopefully the demon will not see through it. It seems to calm down and even hold a measure of respect in its eyes now.

“Work for me tonight, succeed in this mission and I will assure you will not go unrewarded.” Silence continues as the demon listens intently.
“I will take that as an agreement. Tonight, when the moon shines fully on this city, you will find another one of my kind. With her are two giant guards, when you are given the signal I want you to take out those two guards. However, I warn you not to take them lightly. They may not be immortals like me but they hold hidden powers.”
“Is that all, night hunter?”
“Yes, leave now. Remember though, the moment I think you threaten the success of this mission, I will be sure to banish you.”

The entity dissolves into dark smoke and the room regains its light. I breathe out a sigh of relief. This may not be the first time I deal with demons but it is the first time I had summon one as powerful as this. With this, hopefully those two servants of hers will be taken care of. Then I will have the countess to myself. For now I gather my strength for the hunt.

Commisar

7 comments:

M said...

i love it! absolutely...only i think you made a couple of typo's...or maybe its just me..haha

Cypher said...

if they are typo pls feel free to tell. i would like to be able to learn from my mistakes as much as possible

CamperWen said...

I skimmed through and I don't think I noticed any typos. Well done though. A bit of Forgotten Realms touch. Can't wait til the next one XD.

M said...

hmm...probably just me then!! my bad! sorry!!!

McWiggle J. J. S. S. Mc.B. said...

Lol. Gud one. I feel that atmosphere, kind alike magical thingys n stuf. Night hunter dude reminds me of balanar though

Cypher said...

haha. balanar is a dreadlord. he eats people. vampires only suck bloods. plus balanar uses a great deal of chaos magic

Nijiru said...

Looking forward to more from you, Cypher.

Post a Comment

Followers