Saturday, September 5, 2009

One more time (9)

PREVIOUSLY: Hunter gave one of his radiant smiles, which was at a huge contrast to Ian's glower. Ian clenches his fists, and takes a couple of steps closer to Hunter, and Hunter sensing the challenge, rolls up the sleeves of his shirt, and walks ever so cockily until he and Ian are nose-to-nose.

Oh god! Boys...

SATURDAY, 5 SEPTEMBER: ‘What you going to do? Hit me, Ian? I dare you to!’

‘Stop it, Hunter!’

I finally regained my voice. In the time that Hunter and Ian had been exchanging their asinine banter, I had completely lost all ability to speak. I couldn't believe how fast their meeting was escalating into what would surely become a fist fight.

‘No, Era. There’s no need to stop him. I can take him! Bring it on Hunter!’

‘Shut up, Ian. Don’t taunt Hunter, you have no idea who you are messing with!’

‘See, Ian. Era knows which one of us will be limping out of this little brawl. Era knows I’m stronger than you, Era knows that you will LOSE!’

‘Stop it Hunter, you idiot! If you lay a finger on Ian, I’ll tear you up. Do you understand me?’

‘Hah! Obviously Era doesn’t like you very much, now does she, Hunter? I think it’s pretty obvious that I’m the favourite here. She didn’t say she would do anything if I laid a finger on you!’

‘Well, that’s because she knows that that finger would be broken way before it came close to me! She doesn’t underestimate ME! Plus, you must be a real pussy, why else would Era be so worried about you? She needs a man, Ian, not a boy who can’t even look after himself!’

‘Stop it both of you! Have you guys ever considered my feelings? Both of you claim to be my best friends, but you can’t even bare to do the one thing I ask you to! Both of you are jerks, completely and utterly.’

I stormed off, too worried and angry to stand on that tension-filled pier. Hopefully the moment I leave, the both of them will back off and leave each other alone. I needed to clear my head, I needed fresh air in order to figure out what just happened.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

‘Wait for me Era!’ Hunter called out.

‘You?! Why would she wait for you?’ Ian retorted.

‘You’re lucky I’m going to go check up on Era, Ian, otherwise you would be in a sorry state the moment I were through with you.’ As he said that, Hunter began to head off in the direction Era had taken.

‘If you loved her Hunter, you would want what’s best for her. And I’m best for her. She loves me, she said so herself. Don’t you want Era to be happy? Leave her alone, if you loved her, you would.’ Ian had caught up with Hunter, and placed his hand on Hunter’s shoulder.

Hunter immediately grabbed Ian’s wrist and twisted it, bringing Ian inches away from his face.

‘And what makes you think I would just stand here and let you go after Era? Do you know how much of her precious tears she has wasted on you? Do you know how hurt she was? Do you know the state she was in, the moment she stepped off the plane 3 years ago? She was devastated Ian, because of you! And now, you have the nerve to say that you’re what’s best for her? Don’t make me laugh!’

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I had been walking for a few minutes before I realised that I could still hear Hunter’s voice in the distance. He sounded pissed, which meant he was still with Ian. I suddenly felt a strong desperation to get back to the pier. I knew without a doubt that this could only end up in a fight.

I turn around and run as fast as I can back towards the pier.

‘And what makes you think I would just stand here and let you go after Era? Do you know how much of her precious tears she has wasted on you? Do you know how hurt she was? Do you know the state she was in, the moment she stepped off the plane 3 years ago? She was devastated Ian, because of you! And now, you have the nerve to say that you’re what’s best for her? Don’t make me laugh!’

Oh no! Hunter sounds like he’s done with talking. I recognized the tone from every other time he got into a fight with someone. By the time he ended his sentence I was standing a little way away from the pier, but I could see the two of them facing each other clearly, I could see the anger on Ian’s face and the cocky smile on Hunter’s...

And I knew this could only end badly...

TO BE CONTINUED
pseudonym

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats gona happen next?!!!i wana know!!this is sooo nice..

Nijiru said...

Very nice dual points of narrative, some spelling errors.

M said...

seriously?? haha..k, let me go corect those!

Post a Comment

Followers