Friday, September 11, 2009

A Not So Ordinary Life Chap. 2

This story is a week’s worth of different experiences and choosing which was suitable for this chapter. Reader discretion is advised. (As usual)

-----------------------------------------

IT’S AMBER YOU IDIOT!

“A-a-a-…Amber?”

“Art? Is that you? And whose…” I quickly pushes Que off to my side and helped her up.

“She’s my –“I began, to only be cut off by an unfamiliar “GIRLFRIEND!”

I looked at Que in utter awe. She locked her arms around mine and nudged her head onto my shoulder. I must’ve looked surprised and blank at that point because Amber just shot a questioning look at me. I returned the look and Amber quickly got an idea of Que’s little fib.

“Que, could I borrow Art for awhile?” She asked in an attempt to rescue me.

“Only my Artee-Wartee can all me Que!” She shot an angry look at me, but I just looked away to hide my grin. She quickly let go of my arm and extended a hand to Amber.

“Jacqueline. Jacqueline Leticia Manon, or Que for….” She stopped as she realized she just told Amber, that Que was NOT my special name for her. Me and Amber shared a nice friendly laugh.

“Fine, Fine. Take him and do with him as you wish, but I’m telling you, If he comes back to the apartment with his virginity gone, I am SO not responsible. You hear me Art?” As he turn, I was already walking away with Amber.

“That boy and his flirtatious attitude.” She flushed angrily at the statement and whispered something under her breath as she walked away. “Annoying”



“Let me start. So, where do you live now and why did you come to Region City?” She asked casually, as though we’ve been talking like this for years.

“I live at a room at the Emblem Hotel; let’s just say I came here by a hand of fate. And you?”

“Emblem Hotel? The fancy one a few blocks down?” She asked with a surprised look.

“Anything you want to add to that?” It was clear on my face that I knew she wasn’t telling me anything. “Oh, Nothing at all.” She did a face that made me feel all warm inside. I shrugged the feeling off as ‘coincidence’. We walked for awhile longer in brief silence when finally decided to break it off.

“Why are you here anyway?” She asked enquiringly. I simply shrugged, at said a simple ‘Que’. She laughed at that. It was a sweet, melodic laugh that swayed me for a bit. As her fit ceased, she continued, “You haven’t changed have you?” I wondered what it meant for a moment. She let me dwell on it for awhile until we reached an elevator. I finally gave in and asked, “Changed how?”

“You know, charming girls and all. Que was gorgeous! You sure have a knack for picking them, just like the old days.” She gave me a sly wink and pushed a paper in my hand as she walked into the elevator. Its closing sound told me that I should find Jacqueline.

“ART!!!!!!!!!!” A loud booming voice came from the second floor. Onlookers were searching frantically for the source of the sound. “Get up here before I pull you up here, silly!” Without the hoarse shouting voice, I could tell Que must’ve have clothes. Sigh. The pattern of searching for clothes, trying them on, Que’s evaluation was pretty boring. Like I said, I wasn’t used to these kinds of things. On our walk home, I after checking the clothes and my empty wallet, I decided to read the paper Amber gave me.

‘147’, and that’s not all, it read; can you guess what this means? You’re smart aren’t you? If you do, I’ll give you a very Special present. It ended with Amber’s signature. “What’s that?” Que asked quizzingly. I just turned away to hide my grin, as I knew exactly what this number meant.



“Not going to help with diner Art?” I shook my head in reply and darted out the room. I was going to wear simple clothing, like I normally do. BUT, Que had to style me just because I said I wanted to walk around the hotel. I wore tight jumpsuit, with some nice urban slacks to go with it. She even insisted on one of those urban beanie caps that covered my hair entirely. So much for that haircut being showed off. I ran to the elevator and pressed down. I lived on floor 21 and was heading for the lobby. At the reception, I inquired about a room ‘147’. “Oh my. Art, wow. I didn’t recognize you like that.Well….” She was starting to turn red. I owe Que a good scolding for delaying this. “Privacy policy says that I can’t tell that information.” She said firmly.

“Oh….. sorry for….d-disturbing.” I was very sad. I didn’t even realize I was talking like that. I pulled down my beanie down over my eyes. I don’t know why I started to tear up a bit there. I walked back to the elevators slowly. Back at my room, I was recalling back what happened. It was just a theory, why would Amber even live here? Must’ve been that damned talent. I decided to go for a shower, when Que barged in the toilet and told me there was a delivery for me. I put on my clothes and went to the door, but all I found was a huge teddy bear. “Que! I think this is for you!” I shouted.

She shouted back “Check the card! I don’t think you’re the handsome idiot time are you?” I looked at the card and it wrote distinctively ‘Art’ outside. So I opened it. It read; ‘I’m sorry I made you make a face like that. I couldn’t bear to just leave you in that state. The resident name is Amber McWilliams. So please, don’t ever make a face like that ever again, okay?’

Sometimes, I just love this talent.

I went to the elevator, pressed 14 and down I went. I rushed to the room that indicated 147. I was about to knock *ignoring the doorbell for some reason* when it just, opened.

Sometimes, I just hate this talent.

“Amber, would you please stop hogging the shower. I have a really cute da-“ A girl appeared in front of me, striped of her clothing. She was wearing only lingerie when she stepped up to me pulled me close to her, and kissed me. My 1st kiss and it’s with a girl I don’t even know. That’s another point for hating this talent. “Screw my date. You’re definitely going to bed with me tonight.” She seemed to be serious. I was hesitating a little. As she lay down on the bed and stretched to a position not worth mentioning, another door opened. “Andy! How many times have I told you, lock this door! Someone could get….” She appeared in the bedroom and saw me pulling down my beanie over my eyes, looking at the ceiling.

She turned all red, realizing I saw her only covered with a towel.

(valmitta)*Finished*

Nandayo.

6 comments:

Nijiru said...

Did an admin approve of this before posting?

Train said...

Maya. I always follow the rules, you should know that.

M said...

Yea, chill Nigel. I checked it out. XD

Cypher said...

Trainnnnn, this is an open blooooggggggg. i dont think its wise for you know 12 year olds or something to read this kinda of story.

Nijiru said...

Just checking, Qibs ;) I actually like this one a little better.

Nijiru said...

A few grammar errors here or there, but nice clinching ending.

Post a Comment

Followers