Monday, September 7, 2009

Diamante - Eerste

I'm 30,
I have a desk job,
I can feel my waistline pushing through my slacks which I bought as a gift to myself,
yeah,
I know,
My life sucks and I'm stuck here stacking papers and signing documents,
The only reason why I'm still at this very orderly, clean, and sanitised,
deskjob, is that it pays well,

I mean, Who gets paid 2560.50 euros a month just to stack, review, approve of, and sign the companies documents,
Well its their loss anyways,
and I'm not complaining either,

I have been noticing our company's names on the recent newspaper headings,
about a week ago,
something about kidnappings and murders that are increasing in occurences at the company's operations in Africa. It never occured to me that my job, and the beliefs i held in morals and my faith in my religion, would take a drastic turn for the worst.

A day after the news about the company came out,
bringing with it a flood of gossip and whispers of the company being investigated or approaching bankcruptcy,
I was worried too,
afraid of losing my rather safe and very "comfortable" job,
but I was soon to find out the path that will be given to me,
when the CEO of the company requested my presence.

His office was one level higher than mine's,
so I took the elevator and as the elevator doors opened,
his assistant,
with her fake yet beautiful smile,
said to me in a very monotonous voice,

" Come with me, he's expecting you in the Eagle meeting room"

I followed her,
my eyes glancing from antique furnishings,
to the exquisitely soft and velvety carpet,
and inappropriately tracing the outlines of her undergarments protruding through her thinly layered clothing,

gave myself a good slap and started focusing again.

After a minute or two of walking,
we finally reached the oak doors of the meeting room,

The assistant went in first,
and came back out,
gesturing me to come in.

I took a deep breath and braced myself for what was to come,


-
McWiggle :p

Okay so this will be part 1 haha,
I promise I'll continue this one :p


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers