Tuesday, September 15, 2009

OneShot | First Love

OneShot will be a series of stories that are inspired by events happening in daily life. It could be mine, or friends. It, as the title says, will be a one-shot story, no continuation. Reader discretion is lightly advised.

This is inspired back trip back to my village, and a chat with a friend.

------

“I don’t want to go back to our village. There’s like, no tech there. I might ‘DIE’!”

As I said that to myself now, I still feel bored. I skipped another stone across the still river, sending patterns of shockwaves. Sigh. Being a techie meant a day was never boring. New tech, new games, new conventions’, new techie styles was usually what filled a techies life. Being a techie in a village, now that’s boring. No tech to work with, nothing to tinker, now that’s a new level of boring.

As looked over the river, a girl seemed to be just sitting down, parallel to me. She was basically just dressed in some short cut jeans short of the knee, and a light t-shirt. Basic farmer wear I suppose. Though somehow, it clung to her figure with alarming tenacity. Country girls were cute too I realized. She was just, enjoying herself. The wind seemed to blow on her gently, sending her hair waving just ever so slightly, and she was looking at the big, beautiful sky, smiling at it, as if she hadn’t a care in the world. I wonder at which point she noticed that I was staring at her. She blushed and waved slightly. I guess some company wouldn’t be too bad. I looked for a way across but in vein. The river seemed calm enough, but it was a very dark blue which meant it was a lot deeper than it actually seemed. Being a techie, I didn’t really know how to swim. It wasn’t that I wasn’t in shape, but more on the lines that I had no outdoor talents. Looking across, I saw her frown. Clearly she would also like company. I decided on one course of action.

It was time to put my techie brain into action.

I looked frantically around for something to work with. When it seemed hopeless, I just sat and decided to look at the sky that she was admiring so much. I expected to see a cloud in the shape of SOMETHING, but there was nothing. It was clear and blue. Just then, I felt a rush of wind in my hair. I heard a faint giggle from the girl, and dismissed it. I was already in techie mode. Air…. Theoretically, Wind is denser than air, so wind is above the air, which is denser than water. If somehow the wind could be used as a medium, then theoretically, anyone could walk on air.

Theoretically of course.

I Look frantically around, the west wind… the next gust… angle of trajectory… designated landing point… aerodynamically factoring body mass. The next thing I knew, I was running. Wind began to pick up and I was off the ground. Half way through, I thought I was going to make it, but suddenly the wind died and I found myself arcing down. Plan B…. Plan B…. Arc! I turned my body into a full axis from my hips as a turning point, trying to extend my flight. I opened my eyes to find myself slamming into a deep, solid blue.

“You act very bright, but you’re definitely not bright after trying a jump like that.”

I coughed up what was left of the river water in me.

“You saved me?” I asked inquiringly.

“I couldn’t just sit here, enjoying myself while you drown, now could I?” She hastily replied.

“What made you guess I couldn’t swim?”

“The fact that you didn’t swim over in the first place.” I was surprised she was quite an intellectual thinker, being a country girl and all. “What made you think I wanted to swim over?”

“That cute smile you made at me.” She smiled warmly at me. I decided not to try to flirt and decided to just make short conversation. Being a techie and all, my flirting skills aren’t up to par.

“You’re the 1st girl to ever say I have a cute smile” I said firmly.

She looked surprised. “Wow, I expected to you have like, a bazilijilion girlfriends.”

Seeing a loophole, I teased her. “There’s no such thing as a bazilijilion.”

“Whatever” She waved the topic away.

“It’s been a long time, I can’t believe after all this time you don’t remember.” She looked off to the distance. Only now did I notice, she was quite beautiful.

“You know, when you were small…”I could sense she started to be in a serious confession kind of mood suddenly. “You and I were best friends.”

“Really? No joke?”

“Yeah! You even promised that you’d come back one day and be my boyfriend.” She blushed after blurting that out.

“Oh..” I could only manage that.

“I’ve had a crush on you since then.” She confessed, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

“That’s one big promise to make in a day.”

“If I don’t say it, someone else might…take..your…”Her lips were in front of mine, as she lay on top of me on the grassy bed next to the river. “First… Love….”

And our lips met.



Nandayo.

3 comments:

Nijiru said...

Nice. I didn't know you had all the science crap in you :D

Ri said...

I finally found a reason to actually read this site :) I think u just found urself a fan.

Train said...

Whoa...

Now i gotta meet some expectations! Well, it'll help me write better i suppose.

And that's the real reason we should be writing.

Post a Comment

Followers